"The virtue of a camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
Brooks Atkinson

Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday Boy!

I was so honored when Rowan's Mommy asked me if I would be willing to take his 1st birthday portraits! He was such a good boy, and was in a good mood for 99% of the session... just when we thought he was going to have a meltdown, it was time for his special cupcake, which cheered him right up! Their home is just lovely, and had plenty of windows for natural lighting. Pair that with beautiful hardwoods and nice neutral wall tones, and you couldn't ask for more. He had some great wardrobe choices, too!

These are some images from our few minutes outside, we were on the sidewalk in front of their house:



I haven't even looked at all of the images yet, but I couldn't start editing without getting some of the birthday boy with his special cupcake!





This next image, though, is one of my favorites...



Happy first birthday, Rowan! And thanks to your Mommy and Daddy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment