"The virtue of a camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
Brooks Atkinson

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Springtime!

I'm so happy that we've had a few days of sunshine and warmer temperatures! As I was doing some housework yesterday, I happened to glance out the window and noticed the lovely lighting that everything was bathed in from the sun setting - the treasured "golden hour". I couldn't help myself, so I stopped the sweeping to run outside with my camera for a few minutes and captured these images. The beautiful red tulips are all over my neighbor's yard, and the white flowers are on a bush that was here when we bought the house. It's quite a shift from the ice glazing photos I took in February! I haven't tried for nature/landscape shots in a very long time, but I was pretty happy with these, and had fun shooting them!



No comments:

Post a Comment