"The virtue of a camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
Brooks Atkinson

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Great Cause

A few months ago, I heard via Facebook about the son of a college friend who had been diagnosed with cancer. This sweet little guy has been going thru several rounds of treatments, therapies, long road trips to the pediatric cancer center, hair loss, hospitalizations, and all of the other awful things that no child should have to endure. Of course, all of this comes with a cost, and some friends of this family have organized a benefit event to be held in mid-July in their community. Since I'm not able to attend the event, I wanted to give a little something to put on the silent auction instead. So, since I'm not sure if anyone would love a print of this image on their wall as much as I would (I'm actually planning to order this image for my bare cubicle!), I decided to order a set of blank notecards - with an image taken by yours truly - on the front! I hope they turn out as pretty as I've imagined, since this tulip image makes me feel happy when I look at it! Best wishes for the event!

3x5 Folded Card
View the entire collection of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment