"The virtue of a camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
Brooks Atkinson

Monday, October 24, 2011

Western Chic Wedding

My photographer friend Nathan from Nathan's Photography asked me to shoot the second camera for him at a recent wedding. It was one of the most personalized and creative weddings I have ever attended! They were married on their own property, and a tin barn was transformed into their wedding ceremony location. There were little country decorative displays here and there, and huge chocolate tulle curtains billowed from the entrance to each end of the building. They had built a rustic arbor to stand under for the ceremony, made from old tree branches and bound with rope, and had rusty wagon wheels, mason jars full of fall colored flowers, and weathered wood frames flanking either side of the arbor. The table behind them, which was where their unity candle was displayed, was made from a wood barrel with an old glass table top. Music was provided by a country singer with an acoustic guitar, and everyone was dressed in their country best with cowboy boots for the entire wedding party. Everything about the setting seemed to suit the couple's style perfectly. And we couldn't go wrong with the location, we had a dried bean field, barns, and a path through the woods readily available!

Nathan posted their sneak peek this evening, and he featured some of my shooting and editing work! I now totally have equipment envy, since he gave me a few minutes with the couple and let me use his Canon 5D Mark II and the "big gun" 70-200 prime lens... and I'm thrilled with how the images came out! Thanks, Nathan, for openly crediting me for my work and for letting me use your gear for a few minutes!

Here's some of my work that was featured in the sneak peek:






This one was my first time playing with the 70-200 on the 5D... *love*

 
I *need* that lens...

No comments:

Post a Comment