"The virtue of a camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
Brooks Atkinson

Monday, January 23, 2012

Expecting!

Back when the weather was still pretty warm, I was asked to come out and do a 3-generation family session. The adult son and his wife had recently learned that they were expecting, and wanted to surprise his family when they shared the big news. So, we coordinated before the day of the shoot. I played dumb and did my usual thing as we hit different spots on the family property, but we were saving the big reveal for last. When we had the whole crew all grouped together for ta big family picture, I said the "secret word" and, as we cued up to say "cheese" for the last photo, they hollered out "we're pregnant!" Since we had planned ahead, I was prepared for the reactions and I just kept shooting thru the moment, capturing laughter and hugs and tears as they enjoyed the happy news! Here we are now, a few weeks before this little guy will make his arrival, and they asked me back to do a maternity session. It was crazy windy, but the temps were great, which was funny since we had talked about how nice it would be if we had a little snow for this session. But, that's ok, I'll take the sunshine, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment