"The virtue of a camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
Brooks Atkinson

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ballroom Wedding

This beautiful couple has been on the schedule for quite a while! I photographed a wedding a couple of years ago for an extended family member, and, little did we know, a bridesmaid and groomsman that met for the first time at the rehearsal dinner for that event would be walking down the aisle themselves just 2 years later! It was so fun to spend this special day with them! The ceremony and reception were both located at the Crystal Ballroom of the Renaissance Grand Hotel in Downtown St. Louis, which was a simply stunning location. Beautiful fresh cut peonies, a gorgeous bridal gown, a fun wedding party, a surprise carriage ride, and loving family and friends all combined to make this a truly amazing day. I assisted and shot "second camera" for my friend Nathan Payne again, and we are SO HAPPY with the images we captured! There's lots more in the sneak peek album on his Facebook page, but I wanted to share a sampling of my work on my blog, so I picked out a handful of my favorites :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment