"The virtue of a camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
Brooks Atkinson

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Vintage Glow

I love old neon signs. Love 'em. I would love to shoot a series of old neon signs from the area and make something out of them, maybe a coffee table book or calendar or collage piece or something. But, I got busy, and I haven't been out to shoot any in a few months. I took this photo on an August '10 night, just after I purchased my beloved long lens, and I got a few strange looks from passers-by while I was standing in the parking lot of the restaurant in full view of Old Hwy 50. I have a couple of other signs in mind, I just need a good, clear night to shoot when it isn't 21 degrees outside. And some free time would be nice. Maybe in the spring I will get back into this project.
Do you know of any cool neon signs in the area that I should check out, after dark?






No comments:

Post a Comment