"The virtue of a camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking."
Brooks Atkinson

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Outdoor Wedding

As the weather forecasts for this weekend came out, I was getting more and more nervous about what would happen for this outdoor wedding. The prediction was for something like an 80% chance of rain, but Mother Nature had other plans in store... it was over 80 degrees, sunny, and a bit breezy this afternoon, which was just perfect for an outdoor ceremony. The groom and best man arrived in style on motorcycles, and the bride and maid of honor were dressed perfectly in A-line, knee length sundresses. Vows were exchanged in the warm sunshine, with an intimate crowd of immediate family and close friends seated nearby. My favorite photos, though, are from the couple's "victory lap" on the groom's Vulcan before they cut the cake! You can tell that they were comfortable and happy together, and enjoying every moment of their special day. Here's some of my images, enjoy!

LOVE this one, especially how the bike was throwing up dust behind them

A shot of the happy couple just before they pulled out of the park for their "victory lap"

I captured this one with my zoom lens from quite a distance behind the park shelter where the vows were exchanged

I love the combination of cobalt blue and watermelon pink! I even wore a pink shirt to match!

The sign was displayed on the rail just behind where they exchanged their vows. I LOVE this image of them walking toward the bridge, probably one of my favorites of the day so far!
Aren't they cute?


Thanks for asking me to capture the memories of your special day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment